Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

Floral Friday

Apparently I do not shy away from bright colors. I know many gardens feature soft pastel flowers or only plants in the same part of the color wheel.

But when you look at my garden, I think you can see not only my impulsiveness, but my "reckless" combinations. One daylily began to bloom and I was even surprised at how hot pink/hot orange it was. But I liked it.

To me, a garden is a portable canvas. I used to paint when I was younger, but after I was introduced to the darkroom, I lost the patience that is required when painting in acrylics. Everything was instant - and that was before digital cameras became as good as they are today. Now I don't even need to wait for the film to come back from the lab or process black and whites in the darkroom myself.

In the last two weeks, the garden went from muddle greens to an explosion of purples, pinks, blues and yellows. My goal is to have the garden blooming its head off without a period of green downtime after the spring flowers are finished.

The best part about the garden is that it can always change. If I don't like how the orange flower looks near the pink, I can move it. It's living art and an expression of each gardener's creativity and you can tell a lot about the person who keeps the garden. I'm a little carefree when it comes to my plant choices. And a lot of my plant pairing accidents usually work out really well.


I digress. Here's what is blooming this week.














What's blooming in your garden this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig