Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

Wildlife in the Garden

This week I'm taking a break from Floral Friday to highlight some of the welcomed wildlife that has made an appearance in the garden. The absolute, fool-proof way to attract wildlife to your garden is by not using pesticides. People forget that nature is a series of checks and balances; something is always going to come along and eat something else. (The best insect predators I often find in my garden are praying mantises and ladybugs.)

Here's a quick recap of some of the visitors who have visited in June.


I'm 99 percent sure that this is a Fowler's toad. 

This tiger swallowtail butterfly is the first to visit the garden this spring.

I actually enjoy when the squirrel visits my garden. They are so mischievous.

This pair of mourning doves goes everywhere together.
They must be nesting nearby.

My favorite bird, the wren, is difficult to photograph.

Ladybugs eat so many pests, such as aphids. I am so happy when I find
them in my garden.
Not shown is a small garden snake, who I'm hoping is catching all the slugs wrecking havoc on my strawberries.

What wildlife visits your garden?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig