Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

Floral Friday

What a busy week it has been! Life has kept me away from the garden momentarily, but I did manage to sneak in a little time to photograph flowers for this week's Floral Friday. (Excuse the iPhone photos, the camera batteries were charging!) While there are plenty of flowers still blooming, I unfortunately lost my zinnias to an unknown assailant.

Zinnias beheaded.
Argh! Rabbit? Groundhog? Who knows. But the zinnias that I sowed in July are now beheaded, so it looks like there won't be any blooms from them this year.

But, on a positive note, here is a collection of what is blooming this week in the garden. There are plenty of busy bees, which I'm happy to see in multitudes.

Anemone

Joe Pye Weed
Hibiscus!

Perennial sweet pea, growing along with sweet autumn clematis, one of my favorite
flowers, not yet in bloom - but soon!

Butterfly weed

Perennial geranium

Besides the flowers shown above, most of the garden is taking on a green hue again. Another gap in color, which I hope to correct for next year. What's blooming in your garden this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig