Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

A true Christmas rose this year

Shared from my Instagram account.

Yesterday I stumbled upon a hellebore in the garden getting ready to bloom. We've had a very mild fall so far, with warmer than normal temperatures. The ground is not frozen yet, and I've been still tucking in a few minor bulbs here and there when I get the chance. In fact, I only dug up my dahlias about a week ago, due to my hectic schedule! (How lucky am I that the weather is cooperating!)

I've never seen any of my hellebores bloom this early, despite reading that they are commonly known as Christmas roses, due to their proximity of blooming so close to the holiday. I'm so glad that I've planted this one so close to the patio, which made spotting it so easy!

Do you have any hellebores blooming in your garden at this time?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig