Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

Floral Friday: Aug. 5

This week is all about butterflies and flowers ... and more butterflies and flowers. 

I just love this photo of a tiger swallowtail butterfly on this phlox that has reseeded itself in my front garden. 

As you will see, I will be stalking this butterfly in more photos, but let's keep looking at plants for the moment!

The vegetables growing in the driveway are doing well in their grow bags.

Proven Winners Angelface Pink Summer Snapdragon (Angelonia angustifolia) 
blooming like crazy this summer!

Perennial sunflower in the morning light. 

I planted this alyssum in the crack between my raised beds and it just took off!
I am so glad I listened to my gut that told me to plant seeds here! This is some
of the best alyssum I've grown - ever! Even with the summer heat!

Nicotiana blooming. I need to plant more of this next year. 

Cosmos.

Perennial hibiscus. 

Spicebush swallowtail butterflies apparently enjoy ivy geraniums.

And spicebush swallowtail butterflies enjoy petunias, too, such as this Proven Winner's Supertunia Vista Bubblegum petunia.

And no surprise here, tiger swallowtails enjoy butterfly bush blossoms.



Can you see the pollen on this butterfly?


What's blooming in your garden this week?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig