Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

Do you have the August slump?


I am feeling that August melancholy where I know fall is coming and summer is ending, and I find that I am relieved and disappointed at the same time. 

Relieved because this has been a difficult growing season with the lack of rainfall and extreme heat. I have dahlias that are stunted, peppers that have not set blossoms, pumpkins destroyed by squash vine borers and my share of plant catastrophes - either from voles or lack of water. 

Disappointed because the sun is setting earlier each day and the garden is entering its final hurrah before it's time of rest. While some of the best color in the garden is still to come in the next few months - I just wish it wasn't followed by shorter days and colder temperatures. 

Are you feeling the same way? Or are you looking forward to the next season?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig