Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

Reflection

The pear tree is getting taller. (Sept. 11, 2011)

I didn't post on Sunday because I didn't feel it was appropriate to include my garden journal on a topic as heavy as the tenth anniversary of Sept. 11. But the image of the sky this past Sunday I can't get out of  my head. The entire day was beautiful, just as I remembered it being 10 years ago when I lived in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. It brought back my memories of sitting in Christianity class (an elective) that morning when the professor rolled up the window shades. I can't remember his exact words, but it was to the effect of what a beautiful day it was that God had made.

"Look at the blue sky!"

After leaving that class, I found out the Trade Towers had fallen. The world as I had known it was forever changed.

Looking at the bluest sky we've had in a while this past Sunday brought all of that back. I hope you found your own private way to remember those who lost their lives that day.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig