Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

Floral Friday: Bright colors

Despite the heat, this is my favorite time of year. The flowers are bold, colorful and beautiful. The coneflowers and shasta daisies have grown in so much that there is now a wide swath of flowers - which butterflies enjoy.



The black eye Susans are starting to bloom as well. This was taken in the back garden, with diamond frost making a nice bokah effect in the background.


The daylilies are still blooming! I can't get enough of this flower!


I just found two of these large ceramic pots on sale at a store near me, and I decided it would be worth hauling them home. Of course, it was a good excuse to go to the garden center and get some more plants.



The Hollywood Hibiscus 'Social Butterfly' is still blooming this week with fresh flowers. I had given it a little seaweed fertilizer and it just took off!


The blackberry lilies are starting to bloom. I like this dainty flower - I wish they lasted longer.


What's blooming in your garden this week?

To see what was blooming in my garden last week, click here.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig