Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

A new male butterfly!

Good thing the iPhone can take such nice photos in low light when my other gear isn't ready!

Late last night I checked my caterpillars and found this lovely little man waiting for me! I'm not sure when he hatched during the day (or evening), but it was already dark outside when I placed him on this zinnia. I came back out to go to work this morning and found him on the same flower. When I talked to him, he fluttered his wings. So cool! I think the other chrysalis may not hatch until the spring (which is what usually happens this late in the season).  Hope this little guy survives!

The original post on the two caterpillars I found on my carrot tops can be found here.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig