Organic gardener growing food and flowers, lovin' pollinators and birds.

Terrain Hosts First Summer Garden Party

WESTPORT, Conn. - In early July, an email arrived in my inbox:


How could I resist? I've been following Terrain through their e-mails, and now I had an excuse to visit their retail store by the Connecticut shoreline. My coworker and I decided to go together, and while we were only able to stay until 1:30 p.m., there was much to see and experience! 

The Connecticut store ties together gardening, home decor and home entertaining themes. Terrain uses its space creatively to display a wide variety of goods. (The flagship store is located in Glen Mills, Penn., and is tied to Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie.) 

While I was exploring I couldn't resist taking out my iPhone to snap photos of what I saw.

I really like the stakes being used to train the orchid stems in this photo.

So many book tables to peruse. 



I was so happy to find both "Enchanted Forest" and "Secret Garden" by Johanna Basford on display and for sale at the store. I've read so many positive reviews on these two books and they've been sold out on Amazon for the longest time. Both are coloring books designed for adults. Both ended up in my basket.

Sun printing kits.
I was also drawn to these sun printing kits, supplied with paper, cards or a silk scarf. Maybe next time!

Pretty embellishments such as these help to launch your own creativity. I did end up going
home with a bottle of that Elderflower Presse. My friend bought the organic lemonade.
There were many candles on display in the store.
To further sweeten the garden party, Terrain invited local vendors to sell their goods in the store as well. One featured guest was Muddy Feet Flower Farm from Ashford, Conn., who grows organic "farm-to-table flowers." I snapped photos of some of these beautiful flowers while she was still setting up.





I ended up going home with one of her beautiful bouquets that featured sweet william, snapdragons, anise and globe thistle. It was a tough decision to make! (See below.)


Air plants, succulents and glass - whether it be terrariums or just open vases - are very trendy and popular this year, and Terrain had several original ones for sale.

Gotta love seashells and succulents.

This reminds me of a little nest.
I love how they added a starfish to this creation.
Outside, a giant plant sale was in process (Buy 2 Get 2 Free) along with demonstration tables. Food trucks and a band were on hand for the party as well. I tried ice cream from Walnut Beach Creamery from Milford, Conn. Each batch of ice cream is made by hand. I tried the lavender and fig flavor (lavender soaked in honey and pureed with fig) and not surprisingly, it was delicious!

A sample table arrangement.


The store was offering samples of their elderflower presse and mojito mix for customers to try. We decided to eat in the restaurant on site and I was delighted when this little bread baked in a flowerpot arrived at our table.


Adorable!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig